The Family-Funded Special Needs Trust (FF SNT) was established on July 16, 1999. This trust is funded by parents, grandparents, other family members or friends for the benefit of a loved one with a disability. Some families choose to establish the FF SNT immediately and begin saving for the future through regular deposits and family gifts. Others choose to establish the FF SNT, with the intent to fund it at death by designating the SNT for the benefit of the individual in their estate planning documents or insurance policies.
Once you have established a FF SNT, we advise that you write a letter to family and friends whom you believe may wish to designate your loved one as a beneficiary informing them of the Trust. Specific wording must be used in the estate documents and insurances to ensure that money is directed to The Trust for the benefit of the individual. This Trust is the perfect vehicle for long-term planning. We all want our loved ones to be provided for now and in the future.
Information about the Family-Funded Trust:
- Family-Funded Master Trust Agreement
- Family-Funded Joinder Agreement
- Trust Plan Part A & B
- Trust Checklist and Disclosure Statement
- Payment Options Form
- Accounts Statement Information Form
- W-9 Form
- Trustee Investment Options
- Guidelines For Writing Checks
- Referencing Your Special Needs Trust In Estate and Legal Documents