The Arc of Northern Virginia, as an authorized nonprofit association and its legal counsel, has created a Special Needs Trust Program, to which funds are transferred in order to protect the individual’s assets and to ensure that you, if you are disabled, or your child will qualify to receive government benefits and services.
Our staff possess a high level of expertise that allows parents and families the opportunity to obtain the answers they seek to many of their questions as they plan for the future of their children with disabilities.
- Available to beneficiaries of any age and disability as per the SSA.
- Familiar with the needs of individuals with disabilities.
- Experienced and knowledgeable staff in the disability community.
- No minimum funding requirements.
- No minimum deposits.
- Holds real property and property management
- Investment options with balances over $250,000
- In-kind transfers of stock
- Permanent trust arrangements can be established through a relative or friend of the Beneficiary.
- Trust accounts can be funded immediately.
- Funding can be deferred.
- Pooled funds offer reduced fee purposes.
- Pooled funds offer better investment strategies.
- Our Pooled Trust program continues in perpetuity.
- The Pooled Trust enhances the individual with disability’s quality of life thus ensuring that the funds invested in the pooled trust will be used to provide security, support, extra comforts and services, medical care and other supplemental needs not covered by benefits or insurance.