- This event has passed.
FFFP: Military Benefits, Retirement, and Financial Planning (Active Duty, Veterans, Reservists)
March 4 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Being in a military family comes with its own unique challenges. These challenges are often harder for families of children with disabilities or special health care needs. A new assignment might mean a move to a different city, state, or country with different support systems. And even a long-term assignment means knowing how to manage and coordinate military benefits systems with those in the community. The systems are usually confusing and often overwhelming.
That’s why The Arc of Northern Virginia takes extra care to help military families understand and take steps when it comes to futures planning for their family member with a disability. Join us for this First Fridays Futures Planning webinar focusing on on financial planning for active-duty, reservists, veterans, and military retirees.
Our panel of speakers will cover the following topics:
• Financial Planning for Active Duty, Reservists, Veterans, and Military Retirees
• An overview of benefits and decisions regarding:
• Survivor Benefits Plan (SBP)
• VA Disability Determination
• Life Insurance to replace SGLI
• Medical Insurance, including TriCare for Life
• Dental Insurance
• New FEDVIP
• Social Security Retirement Age Decision
• Life Insurance, Annuities and Calculating a Post-Retirement Budget
• The Intersection of Military and Federal Benefits
• Military Survivor Benefit Plans and Special Needs Trusts
• Survivor Benefit Plan to provide portion of your retired pay
• Why setting up a Special Needs Trust is essential for SBP beneficiaries with disabilities
Register for the event here