- This event has passed.
March 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
For many of us, the COVID pandemic has rattled our belief that we will always be there for our children.
We want you to know that you can act now to secure the long-term financial future of your loved one with a disability. It’s reassuring to know that families can set aside money for the future without jeopardizing government benefits. But getting the details right—and right from the start—is essential.
Join our March 11th online seminar to learn:
- the differences between Special Needs Trusts and ABLE Accounts,
- the strengths and limitations of each,
- who’s who in trust setup and administration,
- how to set aside and grow money and other assets,
- how to balance each with income-sensitive benefits such as Medicaid and Supplemental Security Income
- how to shield inheritance and gifts from government claims,
- and when to start planning and how.
Now more than ever it is important to act to ensure that your child is financially secure, able to enjoy a quality of life that meets their goals and aspirations. Establishing a strong financial foundation may be the most important step you take to truly ensure they live “A Life Like Yours.”
Presented by: Tia Marsili, Director of Trusts, The Arc of Northern Virginia