Transitions Series 2020
September 26 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Transition Series is The Arc of Northern Virginia’s annual 2-day*, interactive experience designed to educate and empower families and individuals with disabilities as they transition from school-provided services to community-based services for adults.
Schedule of Topics for Parents & Caregivers Include:
Saturday, September 26:
• Overview of The Arc of Northern Virginia & the Transition from School to Adult Services (pre-recorded)
• Overview of CSB Services
• Medicaid Waivers & Supported Decision Making
• Networking Lunch Meeting Rooms (optional)
• Legal Authority
• Special Needs Trusts & ABLE Accounts
Saturday, October 17
• DARS and Pre-ETS
• “Ask and Attorney” over Lunch
• Panel of Employment Service Organizations
• Panel of Parents and Young Adults
Dates*: Saturday, September 26th –AND– Saturday, October 17th
Times: 8:30am – 3:00pm
Location: Your computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.
Cost: $25 per individual or family.
Deadline: Registration deadline is Friday, September 18th.
Late registrations will be accepted, but we cannot guarantee you will receive course materials before the first session.
We urge you to register early to ensure you receive your binder in time.