When caring for someone with a disability, sometimes you need extra help. The Arc of Northern Virginia Trust team collaborates with professional Advocates to support people with disabilities. The personal advocate program is for anyone who needs the extra help in navigating disability services.
Services span a wide range
In the initial consultation, our Advocate works one-on-one to identify key issues or goals to see what services are needed. Services cover the following categories: health care and wellness; budgeting and financial needs; legal needs; personal care; employment; housing; social life and personal enrichment.
Here are examples of advocacy services:
- coordinate services and care plans
- assist in learning how to manage Trust disbursements
- promote financial literary and financial planning skills
- provide referrals to attorneys and legal clinics as needed
- attend meetings and appointments as an advocate
- maintenance of calendars, schedules, and reminders
- skills building to promote well-being and healthy living
- connect with employment services providers
- provide information and referrals for housing vouchers
- research new housing options to meet current needs
Advocates are independent contractors approved by The Arc of Northern Virginia. They charge an hourly rate for their services. Services may be short- or long-term, and are always confidential.
Get In Touch
Contact us to schedule a free 15-minute phone consultation.
We Want Advocates..
To support people with disabilities in VA, MD, and DC.
We are looking for a creative, resourceful problem solver. We're also looking for Advocates passionate about helping people with disabilities live their best lives.
As an independent contractor, you are responsible for tracking your hours, billing and invoicing our clients. You should also have previous Service Facilitator or Social Work experience.
If that sounds like you, let's talk. Send your resume with the subject title "ADVOCATE APPLICATION" to Tia Marsili, Director of Trusts: firstname.lastname@example.org