FFFP – August 4, 2023 – Disbursements from Special Needs Trusts
August 4 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
“What are the allowable expenses for special needs trust?”
“How can I pay my bills?”
A special needs trust (SNT) can be used to pay for a broad variety of things for the beneficiary to enhance her/his/their quality of life, while at the same time allowing her/him/them to remain eligible for government benefits. It is also used for money management purposes.
But using your trust money is not just about what’s allowed or not. Making good choices about how to use the trust is also important. It’s about staying consistent with government benefits eligibility, while fulfilling the overall intent of a SNT – to benefit the individual with a disability.
Join our in-house expert Kevin Collins, The Arc of Northern Virginia Special Needs Trust Account Manager, on the ins and outs of disbursing from your trust:
• What can SNT pay for?
• How to disburse from your Self-Funded (SF) and Family-Funded (FF) SNT?
• What is the disbursement process
• Some reasons disbursement requests are disapproved
This online seminar is for those who:
• Are researching how a SNT benefits your loved one with disabilities
• Have an existing SNT with The Arc of Northern Virginia, and would like to know about the disbursement process in detail
• Have a trust but don’t know how to use it.
Kevin Collins, Account Manager, The Arc of Northern Virginia
In addition to his background in sales and client management, Kevin has previously worked as a paraprofessional in special education at Kennedy Krieger Institute. As Account Manager, he handles disbursements, spending requests, and supports clients with their use of their Special Needs Trust funds. Kevin studied psychology at Catholic University and has over four years of experience in business management. He enjoys baseball, camping, and cooking with his wife and son.